Pre Harvest Test
PRE HARVEST TESTING FOR AQUACULTURED PRODUCTS.
- Pre-harvest Testing (PHT) was introduced from April 2009 to ensure the absence of banned anti-biotic residues like Nitrofuran metabolites and Chloramphenicol in Aquaculture products used as raw material meant for export.
- Vide Govt. of India Notification no. S.O. 2714(E) dated 28.10.2009 followed by EIC Instructions no. EIC/D(QC)T-1/2009 dated 13.11.2009 the pre-harvest test was made mandatory for export of all aquaculture products, i.e. irrespective of the country to which the material was being exported. Subsequently from June-2014, pre-harvest testing was restricted to raw material meant for export to EU countries only.
- MPEDA has 12 ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immuno Sorbent Assay) Labs
- MPEDA issues Unique ID to aqua farms after physical verification with GPS.
- The farm ID’s are the most effective tool for Traceability of the aquaculture produce meant for export.
- Farm Id /Ack No. is a must to place request for PHT.
- Sample collectors use GPS instruments to properly locate the farm.
- SMS based alerts to sample collectors, farmers.
Pre-Harvest Testing :