National Residue Control Programme
- National Residue Control Plan (NRCP) is a statutory requirement for exporting to EU countries. Under NRCP, definite sampling schedule and sampling strategies are drawn every year for monitoring the residues of substances like Antibacterial/Veterinary Medicinal Products and Environmental Contaminants. Samples are collected from aquaculture farms, processing plants, hatcheries and feed-mills of different maritime states and tested for the presence of any residue/contaminant of following substances:
Group A - Substances having anabolic effect and unauthorized substances:
- Stilbenes (Diethyl stilbesterol)
- Steroids (Estradiol & Progesterone)
- Chloramphenicol, Nitrofurans and Nitroimidazoles
Group B - Veterinary drugs and Environmental contaminants:
Following are the other residue monitoring/control programmes undertaken by MPEDA QC Laboratories:
- Monitoring of Pesticide Residues at National Level (MPRNL):- This is an ongoing project funded by Dept. of Agriculture (MoA). The samples of inland fishes, crustaceans and marine crustaceans from all the maritime states are analysed for organo-chlorine pesticides residues at MPEDA QC Lab. Kochi.
- Monitoring of Cadmium content in Cephalopods:- The cephalopods (cuttle-fish/squid/octopus) caught along the West and East coasts of India are tested for monitoring the levels of Cadmium content by MPEDA,QC Laboratory (Kochi)
- Monitoring of radio nuclides in fishes:- Samples are collected from different regions and forwarded to BARC-Mumbai, for analysis of radio nuclide (Cs 137)
- Testing of commercial samples (including samples from ELISA Laboratories): - for residues/contaminants listed under Group A & Group B above.
- Testing of Ethoxyquin:-Feed samples collected by Regional /Sub Regional Centers of MPEDA are being analysed by MPEDA,QC Laboratory (Kochi).